MRSA in pets – 'No animal should ever suffer in this way'
PetOwnersOnline talks to television actress Jill Moss who has put her career on hold in order to raise awareness of the disease that took the life of her beloved pet…
Television actress Jill Moss, who has appeared in The Bill and Eastenders, lost her dog after it contracted a human strain of MRSA in August 2004.
Jill, 34, from Edgware, Middlesex, was devastated to lose her white Samoyed after a wound became infected following surgery on a knee.
Bella’s was the first recorded case of a dog dying of MRSA in the UK.
Jill has now set up an animal charity, The Bella Moss Foundation, in memory of her dog. The charity is raising money to promote new research on MRSA and other serious infections affecting companion animals, and to set up a veterinary clinic specialising in infection control for pets with MRSA.
Click the link above for the whole feature